Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday with Georgie


 
Mom has been posting on Facebook about my megacolon and constipation issues.  (Sorry we are talking about such icky stuff). I had to go to the vet again on Saturday and Sunday last weekend for enemas and a manual extraction under anesthesia to help me feel better.  I did feel sooo much better - I ran around the house and played with my nip toys.  


I also went for laser acupuncture on Tuesday this week to help me stay unconstipated.  That was a very interesting visit but I didn't mind at all.  I was scared when we got there so I hid in the sick hoping the vet did not see me.
 
In spite of all this I am still straining in the litter box and nothing is coming out...again.  Mom has switched me to Miralax - hoping that that and the acupuncture will help me.  If it doesn't then I may have to have surgery to remove the part of my colon that is not working.  I really hope that it won't come to that.

I love to nap on my back!

Thank you all for purring for me, for giving my Mom so many suggestions from your own experience with this and for keeping us in your thoughts.  You cat bloggers are the superest friends we could ever have!



P.S. Our buddy Orion of Angel Junior, Orion, Sammy and Emily blog is very ill and has to have expensive treatment for his thyroid.  His Mom is putting together an auction on Facebook to help pay his bills.  If you have anything you can donate to her for this - please do.  The auction goes live on Monday Jan 26. Mom has her email address - if you want it then email calcatsndogs AT gmail DOT com for it.

27 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We are purring for you, Georgie!

XOXOXO

Summer said...

Georgie, I wish something would work for you! All I can do is send more purrs your way.

Fuzzy Tales said...

We have our paws crossed and are sending our best purrs that you won't require that surgery. We don't have any advice to give, just lots of Light and Love.

Purrs and peace.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh, Georgie, we are so hoping and purring that something can be done to help with your poopie problems.

Eastside Cats said...

Georgie, I am sending purrs to you to help you get better!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sending purrs for you Georgie that you can get better without needing the surgery.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are sending purrs and prayers to you non-stop dear Georgie.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We are purring for you Georgie.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

georgie....sorree ya haz been bak two de place oh eeevil..... N we troo lee hope ya get ta feelin better...

pleez ta ask yur mom ta ask de vet if ewe can haz puree pumpkin...itz de best stuff for constipation { diarrhea two act shoo a lee }

R friend rosie across de street eatz a tsp a day in her wet foodz...

az all ways, de manee blessings oh st francis two ewe ♥♥♥

The Swiss Cats said...

We keep purring for you, Georgie ! Purrs

LP said...

Georgie you look very sweet in that sink! We hope your number two issues can be resolved without surgery. That would suck! :( We are sending you good thoughts and love.

the critters in the cottage xo

Quill and Greyson said...

Poor Georgie! Hope everything comes out in a timely fashion!

Cats Herd You said...

We're purring for you, Georgie, and we hope you feel better soon!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Keeping my paws crossed that you don't have to get any surgery Georgie!

XOXO

The Island Cats said...

Georgie, we're purring for you and hope your constipation issues improve.

Just Mags said...

Sweet Georgie we still have lots of purrs and prayers going for you. We hope you get all better and don't have to have surgery sweetie. Hugs and nose kisses

Marg said...

Georgie, we are so sorry that you are so sick and may need surgery. We sure wish you the very best and sending many purrs. We have our paws crossed for you too.

Mariodacat said...

Awwww sweetie, we are so sorry to hear all this stuff going on with your colon. We hope you don't have to have surgery either. I'm purring for you pal and M has you in her anipal prayers.

Anonymous said...

First-time blog visitor here. I sympathize what you're going through with your kitty as mine as the same health issue. Just wanted to mention that I've been mixing homemade bone broth into my megacolon kitty's food and it has helped her tremendously.

pilch92 said...

Poor Georgie, what an awful condition to have. I pray you feel better soon.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Georgie we feel so bad for YOU AND your Mama! That has to be beyond frustrating! We are purring and praying the Miralax works too so that you do not have to have surgery! xoxo

Cleopawtra said...

I know what you are going through. Had the same problems 6 -7 years ago with a cat of mine. Will send purrs and prayers your way. And hope things get better.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We only just read this and hope that your sweet Georgie has been "going" on her own.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Georgie, we are so sorry you are having such trouble pooping. We hopes that you can find a solution that doesn't involve surgery.

<3 and healing purrs

meowmeowmans said...

Georgie, we love you, and are sending lots of purrs and prayers that something will work for you very soon.

Debra Taylor said...

I am so sorry you are having trouble with your colon! I bet the vet will be able to find a way to help you. Praying for success!

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

I send u lots of cuddles and hugs. {{{Hugs}}}

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Please Follow Us...new posts don't always show in Google Reader so check in with us often!