Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Albert's 10th Gotcha/Birth Day!



First off - Mom has not had a party for me since 2009! How bad is that?  She can't keep up with all our special days never mind the humans.  Since she doesn't know exactly when I was was born, this is a combo celebration for my Gotcha Day which is this date and my Brthday which probably was two months before this, guessing my age from my size.

Me as a young kitty


Ten years back, Mom found me by the side of the road.  At first glance, she thought I was a white plastic bag but then realized I was a tiny kitten.  She turned her car around and came back to scoop me up before anything happened to me.  As you can see I am a stunning all white long haired mancat with Paul Newman blue eyes.  That means I am deaf - most, if not all white cats with blue eyes are deaf since it is genetic.


Life as a deaf cat can be fine but Mom also thinks I did not have much quality time with my cat mom and siblings - I don't react to the other cats well at all.   I am clueless when it comes to reading the signals  that cats say or do to tell me what is going on or about to happen.  I think some of this is that I get scared when bumped into unexpectedly or get startled in any way by the other cats.  I am not a mean cat but I am ready to defend myself if I think I am threatened.  Being around the others makes me nervous and jumpy.  I like being alone or with the humans better.  I guess that makes me a high maintenance cat.

I can be goofy and silly too.

Mom and Pop love me just the same and have gone all out to make sure I am cared for and have a safe place to be, even if it means I have to be separated from the other cats or supervised by the them when I am with other cats.  I have my own room with two levels and a cool array of shelves to walk on high above the ground.  Pop is building me a special cat walk to allow me to go into another room but still stay up high on a wide shelf so I can come and go without running into the other cats.  As homes go, I think I have a pretty good one in spite of all my little quirks.


Anyhow...let's get this party going...there is ham with cream cheese, shrimps, catnip cream shakes for the older crowd and cake for all.  Help yourself!




We have a surprise gift  for the first one to guess the answer to this question -  
What famous person am I named after?  (Hint ...he had wild white hair also).

Thanks for coming to my party! I am so glad to have met all of you!

28 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Albert Einstein!!!
Happy Happy Gotcha Day and Birthday!
Love, Cody and Caren

Katnip Lounge said...

Albert Einstein?

Happy Combo Birthday Gotcha Day, Albert!! You know you're one of Mommy's faves--she had a deaf white cat named Chuckles--and she has a big soft spot for handsome Whitesters like you

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy birthday and gotcha day, Albert! How nice of your humans to accommodate all needs so well! Were you named after Albert Schweitzer? I figured it was either him or the other white-haired Albert human. (I'll let someone else take that guess!)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are going to go out on a limb and guess you were named for Albert Einstein.

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day!!!!

We are sorry you are deaf, but so happy you found a terrific home with people who love you.

The Swiss Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Birthday Day Albert ! Because of the white hair we would say Albert Einstein ! Purrs

Hannah and Lucy said...

Are you named after Albert Einstein Albert?!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy Gotcah/Birth Day, Albert! You were a lucky kitty, to be found by such a wonderful human. And how cool is that you have your own space, which is being added to! Your human dad is pretty awesome too.

Were you named for Albert Einstein?

Marg said...

A very Happy Birthday and Happy Gotcha Day Al.The food looks good. Take care.

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day cutie! http://15andmeowing.com

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Happy, Happy Birth/Gotcha Day!!
You are a very handsome Mancat, and all the Ladycats here are swooning.
Enjoy your day!
~ The Bunch

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day! It looks like an amazing party!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are most handsome Albert and Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day!

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day..all rolled up into one!!
From,
Winston, Chloe and Cecil!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...a veree happee birthday & gotcha day two ewe ♫♫♪♪♪♫♫♪♫

thanx for hostin thiz rockin partee...we DID enjoy de cake :)

best fishes, mice creem dishes & happee day wishes; hope yur day iz fun filled...ENJOY ~~~

and we hope de yeer a head iz filled with happee ness & health ♥♥♥♥♥

N we will say eddie albert just coz !!! ☺

Kitties Blue said...

The answer is easy...Einstein, but we see several have already guessed. Happy 10th Gotcha Day. That is a milestone; especially as you are deaf and were left at the side of a highway all those years ago. You sure found the purrfect home, however. Some pet parents would not go to all the trouble for you that yours have. Our angel brofur, Madison, was an all-white, blue-eyed cat, but he was not deaf. Mom was always thankful for that. Thanks for the great noms. best wishes for many more birthday/gotcha days. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day and Birthday Albert!
I would say Einstein too but I know lots have said it before me.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Happy Gotcha and Birthday day Albert. WHat a handsome white cat and oh my your eyes are fabulous.

Cats Herd You said...

Very happy birthday/gotcha day, Albert! We think you're probably named for Albert Einstein, because you have such a wise little face.

Quill and Greyson said...

Happy Gotcha Birthday to you Albert!!!

Saku said...

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day Albert!!

Hope you had a day full of lubs and scritches.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday and gotcha day, Albert! We sure are glad you found your family (and they found you), handsome boy.

Big hugs and headbonks!

Moosey, Gracie, Zoe, and Mom and Dad

Mr Puddy said...

10th ? That's super pawsome !!!!
Happy Happy Gotcha Birthday
I hope you have an incredible great day with your fameowly
xoxo

Everycat said...

Happy Gotcha Day Albert! (and Happy Birthday too) I think you got very lucky the day your Mum found you by the road. It's great that you have your home and family arranged just how you like it!

Luff
Mungo
& The Ape xx

Colehaus Cats said...

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day, Albert! Wow! We love reading about your life. You are one lucky boy! Admiring purrs....

Annie Bear said...

Happy birthday, Albert! I'm sorry I'm late. Yes, you have a wonderful home with parents that clearly love you a lot. I hope you had a great day!

Purrs,
Annie

Just Mags said...

Happy Happy 10th Gotcha Day and Birthday sweet Albert! You got quite a fine party going on. We hope you got lots of extra attention and enjoyed lots of treats. Hugs and nose kisses

Angel Simba said...

Happy combo birthday and gotcha day! Since others have guessed Albert Einstein, to be different we are going to say Albert Schweitzer.

Everycat said...

To Cheri and Furry Family

Thank you so much for the lovely All Hallows Eve card, it was delightful and so kind of you to think of us

Luff
Mungo
& Jane xx

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Please Follow Us...new posts don't always show in Google Reader so check in with us often!