Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sunday - Final Day of Yoko's Official 20th Gotcha Day and Birthday Party!


Thank you for all the visitors yesterday.  Mom had to work late and did not get to publish all my friends comments until she got home.

Welcome back to the the final day and the Official 20th Birthday/Gotcha day Party Extravaganza for me - Yoko!  Thank you to Ann of Zoolatry for making these lovely graphics..


Cake will be served to all, so relax and let me tell one more story about my life.

You can see that I still have the kitten's blue eyes.

For those of you who are new to our blog, I will tell the tail of how I came to live at Wildcat Woods.  Back in 1993, Mom and Pop lived in Florida then and already had Chica, my late sister.   They wanted a buddy for her and was going to pick out a puppy (**eye roll**) at the local animal shelter over Mother's Day weekend.  Alas  there were no puppies that day.  (Whew) One of the volunteers was cleaning out a cage with a mom cat and lots of little kittens.  She handed me over to Pop a who was smitten immediately.  Mom was looking at black and white cats while Pop followed her, still holding me.  

Pop talked her into taking me home  and the rest is history.  I was a little young and still had the blue eyes most kittens are born with.  There is a cute handmade pottery cat ornament for the first person who guesses how old I was when my blue eyes turned the actual color they are now.  Here is a hint - It does vary and can be anywhere from 2 to 3 months.


Be the first to guess right and win this


Me when I was young with Pop (he was young too)
I have always been a Daddy's girl since the very beginning.  I love to lay stretched out on his lap or chest..  Sometimes I do look like a fur tie the way I lay on Pop's chest.  Mom gets a bit upset cuz Pop can do anything to me and I will let him but let her try to touch my rather large feets and I will growl and swat!  She just yells for Pop to come get "his" cat.  I don't do that much anymore cuz I know Mom is the one who take scare of me when I don't feel so good.

I hope you have had fun this weekend.  Please help yourself to the nibbles shrimps and fishes, cake and shrimp cocktails (yum).  We have some fun games  like bobbing for fish and catch the lizard.  If you are squeamish about live critters you can try the virtual fish  game!  What you do with what you catch s up to you!  Prize winners will be announce on Monday!

And I would like to wish all Mother's everywhere of all species a very Happy Mother's Day!



Thank y'all for coming and for being my friend!  It has been a pleasure seeing you all here.  I am a very lucky lady cat!!!









Bobbing for fish!



Or virtual fish!

Lots of anoles to chase and catch too!

30 comments:

Oui Oui said...

Happy 20th Birthday Yoko! What a great party with such tasty foods! We hope you have a wonderful day with lots of fun and treats. Has it been a year already? We remember and loved your post last year with the John Lennon song "Oh Yoko" and the story of how you got your name. Purrs, sweet girl!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

This has been an awesome birthday, Yoko! I will guess that your eyes changed color when you were 9 weeks and three days old!

The Cat Guy said...

A two day party, of course!! So glad I didn't miss the party!!! Yummy foods.

Yahoo for 20 great years!!

I'm guessing 4 months for the blue eyes to change.

The Chair Speaks said...

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day, Yoko. We wish you many, many happy, healthy years to come.
Happy Mother's Day to your mom, too.
Sending lots of purrs!

Cezar and Léia said...

awww so wonderful story, I love the picture with you and your pop!
Thanks so much for sharing this important moment there, what a fabulous weekend!I enjoyed a lot the pawrty and I had lots of fun playing with you and your family!By the way I love that "virtual fish", I will ask my mom to give me one like yours! ;)

Sending lots of love to you and your adorable mommy! Happy Mother's Day to her!
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA and hugs from mom Léia

Fuzzy Tales said...

It's been an awesome party weekend here with you, Yoko! Happy b-day/gotcha day!

And happy Mother's Day to your human caretaker too! :-)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

The graphics are beautiful. Happy Gotcha day and Birthday . 20 years is a brilliant time. The party is splendid. Can I guess at 2 months and 5 days.. Hugs J xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so thrilled to be at your 20th Gotcha Day and Birthday celebration beautiful Yoko. You are a special LadyCat in every way.

p.s. Happy Mother's Day to your Mom and to all the wonderful Moms everywhere!

Catherine said...

What a terrific Gotcha party! So many lovely treats!
Banjo and I wish Yoko a very happy day!
Party on kitties!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Yoko! Your folks have put together such a wonderful celebration, full of yummy noms and fun things to do!

I loved reading about how you became Daddy's Girl! Fank heavens there were no puppies that day!

Wishing you much love, health and happiness for many, many more years!

And may I guess your eyes changed at 10 weeks old?

Marg said...

So Happy Gotcha again Yoko. You must be exhausted from all this celebrating so go have a good nap. And a very Happy Mother's day to your Mom. Take care.

meowmeowmans said...

Yoko, it was such an honor and pleasure to help you celebrate your special birthday weekend. We love the story of how you came to live at Wildcat Woods.

We are guessing 2 months and 21 days.

Happy birthday, and Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs!

Mo and The Purries said...

What a lovely party for a lovely kitty!
Wishing much happiness to Yoko!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We hope you have many more happy and healthy birthdays. xxxx

CATachresis said...

Hi Yoko, I just come over to wish you a very happy 20th birthday. This looks like one heck of a pawty!! Yummy! ;) Love, Austin the Tux xx

Just Mags said...

Sweet Yoko we are really liking your dancing shoes. That cake looks yummy. You have had a very nice weekend party and we have enjoyed attending. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and Happy Mother's Day to your mom. Hugs and nose kisses

catsynth said...

Happy 20th Birthday and Gotcha Day to Yoko! We're glad we could drop by the help her celebrate this milestone, and we loved the kitten pics of her.

The Island Cats said...

Yoko, we sure have had fun this weekend celebrating your Birthday and Gotcha Day!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Whee what a great weekend party Yoko. Thanks so much for having us over. By the way I think you kept those pretty peepers until 10 weeks 5 days.

Thanks again!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Happy Birthday Yoko! Wow, 20 years! I hope you get everything you want for your birthday and extra treats too!

Cathy Keisha said...

I'm a Daddy's girl too! My Pop picked me at the shelter and he can do all sorts of things TW can't like pick me up. Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Mother's Day to your Mom.

Bernadette said...

Hippo Birdie! We had no idea there was a purrr-ty goin' on here or you'd have had five black cats crashing the doors! Con-cats to Yoko on 20 annies--we remember our little big sister Peaches when she turned 20, and our boss Cookie who made it there too! Nice to meet you, and many more!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Happy 20th Yoko!!! May you have many more...

Quill and Greyson said...

You sure know how to throw a party!! Hope you had a great time!! Happy Gotcha Birthday!!

Cherry City Kitties said...

We loved to hear your story Yoko, and we were happy we got to stop by to help you celebrate 20 happy, happy years. Here's to many more!
Harry, Dexter and Tipp.

We will guess 72 days old is when your eyes changed.

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Yoko!
Enjoy!
Lots of purrs

Lui said...

Wow what a story and fun reminiscing! We love your nibbles and we wish you the best and the most of your loving years!

Lui and Sweepy
...and Babur too.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Oh yeah!!! There is still SHRIMPIES!!!What a great celebration!!
We love you Yoko!
xoxoxo

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

These shrimps sure are good. And we have had a terrific time playing all the games.

We loved reading how your Poppa picked you.

Cat said...

Yoko you are such a special girl!!!! Happy 20th Birthday :-)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Please Follow Us...new posts don't always show in Google Reader so check in with us often!